Friday, April 6, 2012

Late as Usual; Or, The Lucky 7 Meme



I've been hit up by the lovely, supportive Teresa Cypher at Dreamers, Lovers, and Star Voyagers to do a Lucky 7  post. She didn't know, when she tagged me, that I'm always, always late.

So here I am, running in to post my Lucky 7 stuff. My hair is askew, there is a runner in my stocking, and I've  probably dropped  a few  bags along the way. My phone needs charging too.

Let's ignore my usual Hot Messiness and explain the Lucky 7 dealio:

Once you are tagged:
*go to page 77 of your current WIP
*go to line 7
*copy down the next 7 lines/sentences as written and post them on your blog or website
*tag 7 other authors
*let them know they've been tagged
 

Here's the thing, though; I have TWO Works in Progress. So, without further ado, here are the lines from The South Sea Bubble:


Lizzie smiled. It was still a miracle to see Mam out of her chair and moving about. She was desperately thin, and she had never regained her full energy, but her recovery from being one of “those tonic fiends” had secured Doctor Draper’s reputation and filled his hospital.
“Now then.” Mam handed Lizzie her tea. “Where did you say Matilda went?”
“She ran off again."

And here is the set of seven lines from The Gramophone Society:


He made a sound of disgust. “Me, of course, unless my aunt gets her way.”
“You?” Julia leaned towards him. “Victor, you are not hideous. The other girls all talk about how dishy you are. You must have noticed.”

 Right. So now I have to tag some victims friends. Here they are:

Shaun Allan, at Sin's Blog
Lisa Yarde, at The Brooklyn Scribbler
Danielle  Raver, at Philosophies of a Young Heart
Rachel Tsoumbakos, at Rachel Tsoumbakos's Blog 
Lisa Zhang Wharton, at Eccentric Asians, Man-Eating Pandas & Other  Mysteries of the World (which is such a cool blog title)
Patty Sarro, at Otherside of Meh
Natasha Larry, at Paranormal Wire

 Please visit them! They are all wonderful writers and lovely people!

3 comments:

Johanna Garth said...

uh-oh, I'm feeling guilty now that I haven't done my lucky 7!!

Natasha Larry said...

Aww, your WIPs sound groovy. I will post mine soon. Yay! This looks like fun.

Natasha Larry said...

Aww, your WIPs sound groovy. I will post mine soon. Yay! This looks like fun.