Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Brunch Ideas

It's coming up to Spring Holiday time. Whether you call it Easter, Passover, or Spring Solstice, there are birds in the trees and pollen in the air.


At Casa DeLuca, we do an Easter Brunch. I always serve the Best Waffles Ever, and if you are very good I'll share the recipe this week. I make crepes and an egg strata, and plop a huge plate of bacon on the table. Stand back, and let the carnage begin.


Here is what I would really like to serve, although there are reasons that I do not serve these things:


1. Robin's Eggs - Those brightly egg-shaped malted milk balls in a candy shell. I could eat them for brunch and have them for dessert afterwards. Why don't I serve them? Because I would eat THE ENTIRE BAG, THAT IS WHY.
Nom nom nom


2. Bellinis - The combo of champagne, freshly squeezed orange juice, peach nectar, and a dab of peach liquor : Hang on, I do serve them at brunch. Carry on.
Let's all start drinking at breakfast! Okay!


3. Peeps: The more neon the peep the better. And did you ever have a chocolate covered peep? That's right, dunk the little chick or bunny in melted chocolate and let it set in the fridge. But apparently they are frowned upon as a brunch food, so I'll just have to steal one or two from my kid's basket later.
And yes, I have to puncture the box so they get a little crunchy. It's just how I roll.


4. Matzo Ball Soup - My friend makes the best MBS ever. EVER. I don't think I can get the recipe for you, though. She gives us all one small container each year, and I suck it down faster than Norm with a beer at Cheers. I don't serve it because I don't have her recipe. (Hi, girlfriend! Waving at you! Yes, this is a hint!)


5. Crispy Bacon Crisps - Because they are good any time, any place. But I only have one bag that I smuggled into the country from the UK, and I don't share them.
Go get your own.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Chocolate-covered peeps! Oooh, my world just got better!

Lisa said...

Hmm... speaking of hints, I have a waffle iron and I'm not afraid to use it! It's just that I haven't got the Best Waffles Ever recipe, so others could be very afraid I will use it. Hint, hint!

Kate Larkindale said...

That's a very ecclectic brunch! But I like it.

Alison DeLuca said...

The waffle recipe is coming! The waffle recipe is coming!

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty.
You're amazing! Thanks!
My website ... Vision Without Glasses