At Casa DeLuca, we do an Easter Brunch. I always serve the Best Waffles Ever, and if you are very good I'll share the recipe this week. I make crepes and an egg strata, and plop a huge plate of bacon on the table. Stand back, and let the carnage begin.
Here is what I would really like to serve, although there are reasons that I do not serve these things:
1. Robin's Eggs - Those brightly egg-shaped malted milk balls in a candy shell. I could eat them for brunch and have them for dessert afterwards. Why don't I serve them? Because I would eat THE ENTIRE BAG, THAT IS WHY.
|Nom nom nom|
2. Bellinis - The combo of champagne, freshly squeezed orange juice, peach nectar, and a dab of peach liquor : Hang on, I do serve them at brunch. Carry on.
|Let's all start drinking at breakfast! Okay!|
3. Peeps: The more neon the peep the better. And did you ever have a chocolate covered peep? That's right, dunk the little chick or bunny in melted chocolate and let it set in the fridge. But apparently they are frowned upon as a brunch food, so I'll just have to steal one or two from my kid's basket later.
|And yes, I have to puncture the box so they get a little crunchy. It's just how I roll.|
4. Matzo Ball Soup - My friend makes the best MBS ever. EVER. I don't think I can get the recipe for you, though. She gives us all one small container each year, and I suck it down faster than Norm with a beer at Cheers. I don't serve it because I don't have her recipe. (Hi, girlfriend! Waving at you! Yes, this is a hint!)
5. Crispy Bacon Crisps - Because they are good any time, any place. But I only have one bag that I smuggled into the country from the UK, and I don't share them.
|Go get your own.|