Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dress Down Day, part deux

A few weeks ago I posted about how much I hate "Dress Down Days." My kid goes to Catholic school, so usually it's a no-brainer; I just pull out the severely uncomfortable, not-very-attractive clothes and everyone's happy. My job is to keep stuff clean, not to be fashion police.


But out of the blue we had another dress-down day today. You can read about how the last one went here, but let's just say, It's not pretty. And I have to pay a dollar to get all this aggravation, which is just the final insult.


This morning, she went to put on her clothes (it was Team Colors day, so she wore a Mets shirt) and, as she was pulling on her leggings, she turned to me and said, "Mmmm, I don't think I'll wear these pants after all."


I began to swell up, like a frog, preparing for a good old fashioned Mom Yell. She interrupted this by adding:


JUST KIDDING


What a joker. She nearly gave me a heart attack. 

3 comments:

Johanna Garth said...

bahaha! She has got your number!!

Jason McIntyre said...

Freakin' kids. They exist for these 'just kidding' moments and parental torture in general.

...

Wait. Is that why we call them 'kids'?

j. //

Teresa Cypher said...

lolol...But they are so cute! (And they grow up so too danged fast.)