Friday, April 13, 2012

Books on My Bedside Table

My husband just shakes his head when he sees the huge, tottering pile of books by my bed. He is a methodical reader; he grabs one book and starts at page 1, reads it for a few months until he reaches the last page. He puts it aside, and that's it for that book.


I'm more of a Buffet Restaurant reader. Life has handed me all these amazing titles, so why not read a bunch at once? I have my couch book, my bed book, my meals book, even my cooking-the meals book, which explains a lot.


Here's what's on my bedside table. I'll be writing more about these books soon. For now I'll tempt you with the titles and covers:


1. Cornerstone, by Misty Provencher 


2. The Search for Wondla, by Tony DiTerlizzi 


3. 1Q84, by Haruki Murakami


4. The Prospect of My Arrival, by Dwight Okita


5. Darkness Rising, by Ross Kitson


6. The Bolter, Frances Osborne

6 comments:

Rachel Tsoumbakos said...

I have a kids chair that sits next to the couch - this is where I pile all my current books ;-D

Johanna Garth said...

LOL, I have three of those on my nightstand plus six others. My husband has stopped shaking his head and started asking me to use the library more often ;)

Dwight Okita said...

Alison, that's so sweet to know my book is on your bedside reading table. Thanks!

Dwight Okita said...

Oops, sorry that post when out under my clients blogger name. I've been designer her blogger website.

Alison DeLuca said...

I'm so excited to read it, Dwight. I'm clearing theTBR pile as quickly as I can so I can get to Prospect!

Unknown said...

I wish I'd found this earlier, Alison! Thank you so much for reading!!