My husband just shakes his head when he sees the huge, tottering pile of books by my bed. He is a methodical reader; he grabs one book and starts at page 1, reads it for a few months until he reaches the last page. He puts it aside, and that's it for that book.
I'm more of a Buffet Restaurant reader. Life has handed me all these amazing titles, so why not read a bunch at once? I have my couch book, my bed book, my meals book, even my cooking-the meals book, which explains a lot.
Here's what's on my bedside table. I'll be writing more about these books soon. For now I'll tempt you with the titles and covers:
1. Cornerstone, by Misty Provencher
2. The Search for Wondla, by Tony DiTerlizzi
3. 1Q84, by Haruki Murakami
4. The Prospect of My Arrival, by Dwight Okita
5. Darkness Rising, by Ross Kitson
6. The Bolter, Frances Osborne