Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cool Movies Coming Out in 2012

Darn it, Harry Potter has ended (except for the millions of times that we'll watch the DVD's in a DeLuca family HP festival) and there aren't any more instalments to look forward to this year.

Still, there are some cool movies coming out in 2012, and here are a few that I'd like to see:

1. The Hobbit : This was one of my first favorite books, ever. I read it and reread it, loving the dwarves and the songs and the way Bilbo Baggins, who was such a homebody at the start, turned into a gifted "burglar." Okay, it doesn't come out until December, but with Peter Jackson at the helm, I'll be waiting, popcorn in hand.

2. While I anticipate Smaug, I'll watch John Carter, the movie of the American soldier who time travels to Mars. I loved these books by Edgar Rice Burroughs, and I'll hope for a series, that will maybe include my favorite, Thuvia, Maid of Mars. (I love all types of Pulp Fiction. Mm Hm. *nods*)

3. Since I can't have Harry Potter, how about Daniel Radcliffe in a ghost story, The Woman in Black? Oh yes please. While we're at it, can somebody please put Rupert Grint in another film? That would be just great.

4. Fresh out in January, ready for the new year,we have The Divide. I wonder, will I be able to watch this extremely disturbing movie of a group of survivors in a basement, after a nuclear event? I don't know if I can, especially since there is a child involved. Nope, don't think I can do it. Although, if it was a book I'd read it; since I survived The Road (Horrifying but fantastic,) I can read anything.
Naaaaaaaah

5. Dorothy of Oz, coming in April: I read as many Oz books as I could when I was a kid, and this animated version looks pretty cool.

6. Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter: I love it. There's no guesswork involved with that title.

8. The Hunger Games: Hurray! It's the start of a new addictive series! I'm saved!

Coming soon: Books to read in 2012

5 comments:

Catherine Stine said...

Hi and Happy New Year! Let's see... I'd go to the Divide, and Dorothy of OZ, and The Hobbit and the Hunger Games. Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, really?!

Alison DeLuca said...

Happy New Year to you, Catherine!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Hobbit. Always liked it the best of the Tolkien series, and wondered why they didn't start with that as the movie instead of LOTR. That said, I'm still missing some of the 2011 movies I meant to see! Did catch Tintin (fun), but missed Hugo.

LW said...

I'm with you on the Hobbit. Always liked it the best of the Tolkien series, and wondered why they didn't start with that as the movie instead of LOTR. That said, I'm still missing some of the 2011 movies I meant to see! Did catch Tintin (fun), but missed Hugo.

Carlie Cullen said...

Oh yeah to the Hobbit and a few of the others, but you missed one - Underworld 4! I can't wait for that one to come out!! :o)