Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Reading

What's on my summer reading list:



Threads - Almost finished with this lovely, fun, light read from Erin Latimer. Expect a review soon. 




The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Actually, I just finished this one last night. I'll be writing a review for this book as well.




Shift - In the middle of the self-published Hugh Howey book. It's very compelling, although not quite as neatly done as Wool.





The Hope Store - I'm beta reading for the fabulous Dwight Okita, pictured above. Is that a face???!!! I just turn into my Great-Aunt Ada when I see him and want to pinch his cheeks!




Well,  the cover's beautiful.
A Discovery of Witches - I'm going to give it another try. Perhaps it will grab me this time round.




The Brothers Karamazov - I really need to read this. I never have, and it's time.




Poetry - I must feed my new poetry addiction. Not quite certain what I'm going to read yet; used to have a big collection inherited from my mom's English professor days. Would like something like that.




The Fault in Our Stars - I read the sample on Amazon, and it looks fantastic.




Black Numbers - I'm rereading this one. When it's done, I can then read Blood Numbers, the second Aleph Null book. Be warned - these are NOT for the faint of heart or readers under 21! However, the concepts, world-building, and the author's depth of feeling for his characters make these books wonderful.




...and just maybe all three Fringe books too. I can't get enough of Walter Bishop.

4 comments:

Johanna Garth said...

The Fault in Our Stars is on my summer reading list too. Maybe I'll snitch a few more off of yours! :)

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

The Fault in Our Stars is one I've been wanting to read for some time. Black Numbers now has my attention but its familiar to me and I don't know from where.

Alison DeLuca said...

Please do that, Johanna - we can have a virtual chat about them!

Jess, I'm in the middle of Black Numbers now, which means I'm almost done because it's so compelling and good.

Unknown said...

L.S. Smith just reviewed it and it sounds great! Funny how we are all reading the same book and the same time...
~Just Jill