Some things don't appear that often, and when they do they are lovely. Here are a few that make my heart bound when I see them:
1. A package covered with brown paper, string, and loads of stamps.
2. That orange light you see on a late afternoon of a sunny day in the summer.
3. The taste of chocolate in advent calendars.
4. The first book of a really good series.
5. A cat that is all grey and has those really big paws. It's even better if it is in the "baked bread" position.
6. The sound of a kid's belly laugh.
7. That moment when you catch a perfect wave with your boogie board and sail in to the beach.
8. Skiing down a hill in perfect powder on a sunny day.
9. The smell of old fashioned, home made potpourri...
10. And home made wine, especially Elderflower champagne.
11. Opening the door to your cozy hotel room, where you will be spending the weekend with a really great friend.
12. The crackle of an outside fire and the trail the sparks leave in the dark.
13. The smell of an old map.