Here is a list of classic reads that they have shared:
Ten Classic Reads
- The Drowning People – Richard Mason
- The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath
- Norwegian Wood – Haruki Murakami
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
- Memoirs of a Geisha – Arthur Golden
- We Need to Talk About Kevin – Lionel Shriver
- All But My Life – Gerda Weissman Klein
- I Am David – Ann Holm
- 1984 – George Orwell
- Widow for One Year – John Irving
I have read six of the above, and I look forward to reading The Drowning People, We Need to Talk About Kevin, All But My Life, and I am David to the TBR list.
I'd replace Norwegian Wood with Kafka on the Beach myself, but of course these lists are very arbitrary. At the risk of repeating myself ad nauseum, I'd love to see the Indie book the Prospect of My Arrival and (sic) added as new classics.
What books are on your modern classics lists?