I need to have several things in the house when I write:
1. A Fresh Pot of Tea, go figure.
2. Eclectic music. I like to listen to world cafe stuff, as well as classics.
3. Benedict Cumberbatch, in one form or another, as much as possible, please.
4. Books and more books, and while I'm at it may I just mention that I desperately need new bookshelves? Cause I'm in that phase where the volumes are double- and treble stacked. And I don't like it.
5. Pumpkin seeds - A seasonal phase, but a good one. Those things are delicious.
6. Fresh apples - Again, seasonal. Will be replaced by fresh oranges in the winter and peaches in the summer.
7. Comfy socks - I buy white ribbed ones from Target in brushed cotton.
8, A workout - to keep the old ticker pumping.
9. A really good night's sleep - helped along with milk, calcium, and chamomile.
10. Organic Lavender Spray - for my sheets, to also help along the sometimes elusive good night's sleep.
There are other things I must have, like my husband's warm bulk next to me or my kid's sleepy head on my shoulder, but those are a given, a part of me, like a limb or a facial feature. All that other stuff I have to go and buy.
If you haven't entered my giveaway for a chance to win a Kindle Fire, steampunk jewelry, Amazon gift cards, and other swag, you may do so here.