Plus I have a cool ship that I'm going to call The Fluffy Underpants.
I do need a crew, though. Here are my own 'orrible lot:
1. Errol Flynn - Because nobody does Gay Blade like Errol.
2. Captain Haddock - I'm a huge Tintin fan, as I've said before, so the Captain must come along.
|Anyone who can curse like this needs to be on The Fluffy Underpants.|
3. The Pirates! Band of misfits looked sort of like Wallace and Gromit so I'll take them on board.
4. Oh for crying out loud, Google! ALL RIGHT!!!!!
5. We need a good pirate wench, so I've selected Geena Davis from Cutthroat Island:
6. He's nearly a cliche now, but Long John Silver is an amazing literary creation. And he was the first one to say this:
“Fifteen men on the Dead Man's Chest
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
Drink and the devil had done for the rest
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!”
7. And to round out the crew, let's have Anne Bonny, the famous Irish pirate lass who is played here by Jean Peters:
If you just can't get enough pirates, do go and check out Book Bloggers Collaborative. They are running a cool Rafflecopter contest with
Demetrius makes his first mistake when he lets his best friend Halcyon marry Eleyna, the love of his life, without saying a word. On the day of the wedding, he walks away from the Elencheran town of Dove’s Meadow and joins the army.
He makes his second mistake when the pirate Black Iris tricks him into letting dozens of men, women and children die in a fire. Demetrius is imprisoned in grief and disgrace.
But he can atone. The Black Iris is dead. The Ivory Rose has risen to the top of the pirates and is leading brutal raids on the coast. If Demetrius can capture and kill her, he’ll win his pardon.
And then Demetrius discovers the Ivory Rose is Eleyna. He must decide which will be his third mistake: losing his last chance at a pardon, or destroying the one woman he’s ever loved.